An afternoon near the sea, in a quaint little cafe, listening to a live cello player has to be the perfect way to spend a vacation. While I do love site seeing, one of my favorite things to do while traveling is to find an outdoor patio at a cozy cafe and relax. I like to sip, sit, and people watch.
There are so many reasons to visit Portugal. In a word, it’s magical. The streets sparkle under the lights at night. If you look up I swear you can see music notes floating in the air and there are musicians everywhere. From the oh so cute street cars, to the castles, to the cuisine, there are many reasons if you are deciding on a trip to Europe to make Portugal your number one destination. Here are my 5 reasons for you to visit Portugal and a bit of photography in case you need some visual evidence.
- The views are endless and breathtaking.
- There are castles to explore.
- Walking the streets and neighborhoods is a beautiful experience, there are so many colors!
- There are a variety of musicians to entertain you all through the day and evening.
- There are a number of cafes with delicious affordable cuisine.
Here are a few more reasons to plan a trip to Portugal: affordable and easy public transportation, listening to people speaking Portuguese (it’s beautiful), riding the fairy to the beach, cycling around town, getting lost while exploring the city, and tasting a variety of Portugal wines. There aren’t really any reasons not to go. I hope one day you get to visit Portugal!