Come with me, to one of the most perfect towns in Europe. You will see what you expect to see, tiny streets, quaint cafes, horse drawn carriages, and pedestrians who don’t seem to worry about how fast they get anywhere. I only visited the small Europe town for a day, but I want to tell you why you should visit for more than a day, and maybe even for a longer stay!
1. You can ride your bike everywhere.
One thing I loved about Amsterdam was the ability to only need a bicycle to travel around and see all of the city. Brugge may not have the bike lanes that Amsterdam had, but Brugge is an old school town with a lot less people. You can bicycle away, and with little traffic there is not any stress. I think that is a dream of mine, to one day live in a town where I can ride a bike anywhere.
2. They have amazing waffles.
Need I say more?
3. The town is built around some the most beautiful canals in Europe.
4. I kid you not, I would move to Brugge for this dog, he looks happy.
5. There are swans. Austin, Texas is represented well.
Ok, so maybe that is not enough to go on to move there, but hopefully it’s enough to get you there for more than a day. I enjoyed it.
Oh, PS. There is a beer wall.